Sunday, July 29, 2007

Inbetween vacations

Getting ready to take off to Nova Scotia. Just discovered that I will have one less day there due to not being able to get the fairy on Saturday as hoped. I guess that means I have more time to get my vacation projects in order.

On the needles: I'm still working on yoga socks. I finished one sock & I'm hoping to squeeze out another one from the same ball of yarn. I'm about 1/2 way there. I had hoped to work on the "get paid to knit" project today, but my bike ride took longer due to a few missed turns, backtracking to find them, and poor average speed due to high humidity, hilly terrain, and my piggy road bike (she weighs 23 lbs! For the non-bike people reading this, a race level mt bike is about 23lbs or slightly more. Ok, so it's not really a road bike....it's a cyclocross bike so maybe that's why she's a pig). When I finally got home, I stretched, drank water, ate the last piece of my ice cream cake, showered, napped, paid bills, balanced checkbook, and did laundry.

It's still really humid, even though the thunder showers came through a few times today. I can't bare the thought of having yarn in my lap or even near me. The carpet in my house feels wet (I've found myself checking to see if the dog made the wet spots, only to discover the whole carpet feels this way)! I probably should have added "buy dehumidifier" to my "do today" list.

Stuff I'm planning to take on vaca: One skein wonder by Stephanie Japel, small noro bag (intended purpose once complete is to hold spinning wheel tools on the back side of the wheel while I work), yoga socks, the second Harry Potter Book, and my Soduko puzzle book.

No comments: