Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dear Brown Sweater,

As much as I adore the fact that you are my first top down sweater, our relationship isn't progressing as quickly as I thought. I need to put you down for a few weeks. I think we should be free to play with other yarn & needles for awhile. If you truly must know, there is this fluffy thick red & black yarn that has been calling me. It's flirtatious overtures can no longer be ignored. It's 3sts/inch gauge is just too appealing.

I hope that you can forgive me & trust that I will return. Trust that there will be a time when you can return to my lap with the dog(s) & cat on cold, windy, and/or rainy days.

Sincerely,
Your Knitter

1 comment:

Holly said...

I've written many Dear John's or Jane's or Jaeger's but haven't had the heart to send them. So I must commit to the end or go on into a destructive mode. Love the dogs party hat, but not safe for children.