Wednesday, January 23, 2008
I hope that you can forgive me & trust that I will return. Trust that there will be a time when you can return to my lap with the dog(s) & cat on cold, windy, and/or rainy days.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Knitting on painkillers is a bad idea for a number of reasons.
- Poor posture/bad position not noticable due to blocked pain receptors (ie knitting over a small dog, while other small dog is under elbow)
- Can't update Ravelry due to nausea experienced from reading and/or screen refresh rate
- Can't read pattern (see above reason)
- Gauge is looser than normal (10% due to now using metal circs & not Denise needles, 90% due to meds)
- One doesn't care about gauge (100% meds)
- Over estimation of knitting powers--I can thread a long circ along just one entire row of many (apprx 100) stitches in a variegated yarn & not jump to another row). This is of course to frog the 2 inches of loose gauge knitting while on prescription. It took me an hour to frog, pick up all the "frogged by accident" stitches, and start again.
Last week I discovered that I had to rip back 3 inches of a half-dome hat 'cause I forgot to change to larger needles. I was successful in that ripping event--then again it was before the prescription.
I'm trying to assemble a group of knitters to go to the Hartford Wolf Pack game on 1/19. Interested? Please comment so we can coordinate the meetup.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
- Complete 8 major knitting projects (1 sweater = major project)
- Complete 3-4 pairs of socks (in addition to major knitting projects)
- Complete 1 charity knitting project
- Knit for above from stash as much as possible. If yarn is purchased, project needs to be completed prior to year end.
- Post to blog weekly
- Spin 2 hours minimum per week
- Attempt dying
Note:In the event of buying house/selling condo, only 6 major knitting projects is acceptable.
I've had a great start to the year thus far. I'm hoping to complete the second sleeve on the Deep Breath Sweater today. I completed 2 sewing projects this past weekend. I made these 2 great bags for knitting & made face cradle covers for my office.
Why am I typing on painkillers? I had a tooth pulled today. Typing is not agreeing with the medicine & I must go lay down now.